UK Fathom Pak 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I was pricing scuba lights on scuba.com and found the Underwater Kinetics Fathom Pak 4 for 89.95$. It comes with four seperate lights (one large, two secondaries {one with a lanyard and one that has an attachment peice to go onto your goggles}, and a dive beacon) in the package. Also, you can buy the rechargeable battery pack for another 70.00$. Does this deal seem worth it? Does anyone else know the performance of these dive lights? I wouldn't want to spend the money on four lights that are going to leak.. Four leaking lights are no better than one. If anyone has any experience with these pieces of gear, I'd appreciate it if you could post a review.

I think there is an LED version of the fathom pack, which I would favor myself. I've had both an incandescent C4 and an LED C8, and much prefer the latter. It is more robust than the dual bulb setup of the incandescent light, with better battery life, and a whiter brighter beam. I flooded my incandescent C4 once, because of an O-ring that unseated when I screwed the bezel down. Since then, with light silicone grease, I haven't had a repeat of this. I have used a mini Q40 LED as my backup, in my pocket on every dive day or night, for the past 20-30 dives. It's a single O-ring twist-on light with a 1-watt LED. It's not terribly bright, but it's rugged and has never leaked. It's one of the only lights that will fit in a Knighthawk pocket. I've been pretty happy with these lights.

I've ckecked Underwater Kinetics Fathom Pak 4, the pack is including a C8, a SL4, a miniQ 40, and a Dive Beacon...............all of them were combined with the traditional bulbs.

C8, SL4 R using the C size batteries; miniQ40 is using AA size batteries; and the Beacon is using the AAA size batteries.

Do U really wanna go so complex while using Ur lites ?

I own several torches and some of them were made by the UK :
an UK1200; an UK400, a C8, 3 SL4s, and 2 miniQ 40s with traditional bulb;
2 eLed C4s(5W LED); 1 miniQ 40(1 W LED), a mini pocket Light(LED).

I choose the SL4s for the caven, wreck, and normal diving; with the miniQ 40 for backup.
Then take the fotos with the double eLED C4s instead of the strobes.

I don't use the torch with D size batteries anymore ~ I'll pick up the Lead Acid battery Lite with me while I need the more powerful lite.

misfit

Back
Top Bottom