UK diver dead - Truk Lagoon, Micronesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This incident happened quite a few months ago, and there was a thread here about it. I met Dave a few weeks before his trip, top guy.

His brother has posted on Facebook in the past week with the coroners report. Unexplained death, probably medical event. No equipment problems.

This incident happened quite a few months ago, and there was a thread here about it. I met Dave a few weeks before his trip, top guy.

His brother has posted on Facebook in the past week with the coroners report. Unexplained death, probably medical event. No equipment problems.

Wow, didn't see the other thread. Thanks! Can you post the link to SB or FB? I did a search and all I could find was a short thread with three posts from October.

The coroner's report actually included an independent inspection of the rebreather, and the data from the controller/dive computer? That's really helpful, I don't usually see that in these discussions.

Wow, didn't see the other thread. Thanks! Can you post the link to SB or FB? I did a search and all I could find was a short thread with three posts from October.

The coroner's report actually included an independent inspection of the rebreather, and the data from the controller/dive computer? That's really helpful, I don't usually see that in these discussions.

Rebreather Dive Fatality - Truk

This was the thread here.

Paul Ring

Post on Facebook here.

Rebreather Dive Fatality - Truk

This was the thread here.

Paul Ring

Post on Facebook here.

Thanks! Any idea what it means when they say "equipment failure was ruled out"?

Do you have any specifics (i.e. did he lose consciousness on the surface, or on the boat, or early on in the dive?). It doesn't look like any discussion happened here (only 3 posts in the thread with no info) or on FB. I'm always interested in these analyses, I think that they generate useful discussion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom