UK D4 / C4 parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have an older style UK D4 Sun Light tourch, still have the dual bulb reflector fittings. For no other reason than curiosity mainly I was wondering if the newer C4 Xenon or even Led internals will fit the D4 casing. From what I can seen the shell and battery is exactly the same but cannot find any more details on the D4 to see if the xenon globes will fit in them standard or if you need to change the reflector cup.
The UK D4 is a great light but even my 2xAAA backup outshine the D4.

The D series is simply larger diameter case to fit the batteries. C reflectors will not fit it.
If you are using the D4 with alkaline you can simply get the D4R 18W bulb, and 4 decent NiMh batteries and it will be a substantially better light. I did that for about 12 years waiting for the LED movement to mature enough to make the transition worthwhile. I simply could not accept the cost and fragility of canister lights at the time and the D4R worked quite well. I have a whole drawer full of lights, parts and bulbs.

FWIW I just helped a friend move from a C8 LED, to a lithium ion 18650 (DGX 600). He was tossing 8xC batteries after 2 dives because it was getting dim already compared to everyone else. It would.....last.....much longer but become pathetic. He's MUCH happier with the new light, including the being able to use it with a Goodman handle instead of carrying it around.

Thanks for the reply. I use a light similar to the DGX, it was simply a question of I have the D4 and if possible why not upgrade it if cheap and easy. It will remain in the "redundent" box then I suppose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom