UHMS journals...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gene_Hobbs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have been flipping through the Dr. Deco archives and see many references for articles in Undersea Biomedical Research (UBR) and Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine (UHM). Rather than posting in the old threads, I am just going to post this single link to our Repository. The UHM articles are current through 2001. UHMS members can access the 2001 to current journals through the UHMS site. We are adding journals from 2001 to 2005 when we have time and funds to get the work done.

In the mean time, please enjoy what we have done so far. They are free! :D

http://archive.rubicon-foundation.org/

More information about our organization and projects we have done can be found on our main site: http://rubicon-foundation.org/

Take care,
G

Hello Gene:

This is indeed a very interesting piece of work. My congratulations!

Dr Deco :doctor:

Dr Deco:
Hello Gene:

This is indeed a very interesting piece of work. My congratulations!

Dr Deco :doctor:
Thank you! This has been a fun ride so far and we have learned quite a bit. Getting things moving with UHMS was the easy part. Now we are submitting grants and asking for donations to keep this going (If we spend much more money on it, our wives will disown us). Every day it seems we gain access to new collections so there is no end in sight. The connection with the DUMC Library has been a GREAT asset!

We are divers and researchers, very new to the funding game. If anyone can think of a grant we should apply for, please PM me. Any help would be appreciated. Information on why we started this can be found at: http://rubicon-foundation.org/archive.html

Added another one of yours today... :wink: In the ONR Technical Report section. Any requests?

Excellent! Thanks.

Tonight we finished adding the 2004 Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine journal articles. Here are a few that might be of interest to this list.

CNS oxygen toxicity.
Bitterman, RRR ID: 3991

Closed-circuit oxygen diving in the U.S. Navy.
Butler, RRR ID: 3986

Extension of oxygen tolerance by interrupted exposure.
Clark, RRR ID: 4009

The Predictive Studies Series: Correlation of physiologic responses to extreme environmental stresses.
Clark, RRR ID: 3988

The theory and application of intravascular microbubbles as an ultra-effective means of transporting oxygen and other gases.
Lundgren et. al., RRR ID: 3994

Transcatheter occlusion of patent foramen ovale: a prevention for decompression illness?
Moon and Bove, RRR ID: 4018

A mini-forum on air breaks and O2 toxicity in clinical HBO2 therapy.
Piantadosi, RRR ID: 4005

Stability of pulmonary function in U.S. Navy divers.
Shykoff and Petryszyn, RRR ID: 4023

Experimental trials to assess the risks of decompression sickness in flying after diving.
Vann et. al., RRR ID: 4027

Lambertsen and O2: beginnings of operational physiology.
Vann, RRR ID: 3987

The repository now hold all of the UHMS articles from 1974 to 2004. If you need help getting started with the repository, please visit our frequently asked questions Also, don't forget our "Diving Medical Literature" presentation.

Gene_Hobbs:
I have been flipping through the Dr. Deco archives and see many references for articles in Undersea Biomedical Research (UBR) and Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine (UHM). Rather than posting in the old threads, I am just going to post this single link to our Repository. The UHM articles are current through 2001. UHMS members can access the 2001 to current journals through the UHMS site. We are adding journals from 2001 to 2005 when we have time and funds to get the work done.

In the mean time, please enjoy what we have done so far. They are free! :D

http://archive.rubicon-foundation.org/

More information about our organization and projects we have done can be found on our main site: http://rubicon-foundation.org/

Take care,
G

What you've done is so cool.

I just finished adding most of the 2005 UHM articles. I say most because a few were corrupt when I downloaded them from UHMS (those should be up in a week or so).

Here are a few that you might enjoy! (There are others... this is just my top 10 of 2005)

A deep stop during decompression from 82 fsw (25 m) significantly reduces bubbles and fast tissue gas tensions. (Article)
Marroni et. al. 2005
RRR ID: 3804

Pulmonary effects of submerged oxygen breathing: 4-, 6-, and 8-hour dives at 140 kPa.
Shykoff 2005
RRR ID: 4031

Scuba diving with diabetes mellitus--the UK experience 1991-2001.
Edge et. al. 2005
RRR ID: 4036

The influence of drag on human locomotion in water.
Pendergast et. al. 2005
RRR ID: 4037

U.S. navy diver/aviator/skydiver with AGE from a previously unknown PFO.
Wyland and Krulak 2005
RRR ID: 4043

Decompression tables and dive-outcome data: graphical analysis.
Van Liew and Flynn 2005
RRR ID: 4050

A simple probabilistic model for standard air dives that is focused on total decompression time.
Van Liew and Flynn 2005
RRR ID: 4051

Direct ascent from air and N2-O2 saturation dives in humans: DCS risk and evidence of a threshold.
Van Liew and Flynn 2005
RRR ID: 4058

The relative safety of forward and reverse diving profiles.
McInnes et. al. 2005
RRR ID: 4059

Relationship between two different functions derived from diffusion-based decompression theory.
Ashida et. al. 2005
RRR ID: 4060

We have just completed the addition of 47 new documents that are the 2006 Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine Journal Articles.

My top ten from these would be:

Bodkin et. al. Negative pressure oxygen breathing and head-down tilt increase nitrogen elimination. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2006 Nov-Dec;33(6):455-62. RRR ID: 5050

Popova and Buravkova. Blood biochemical parameters in women during long-term simulated hyperoxic diving up to 8 ATA. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2006 May-Jun;33(3):211-6. RRR ID: 5059

Ludsett et. al. The effect of endurance training on the rate of nitrogen elimination in women. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2006 Jul-Aug;33(4):281-9. RRR ID: 5011

Van Rees Vellinga et. al. Health and efficiency in trimix versus air breathing in compressed air workers. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2006 Nov-Dec;33(6):419-27. RRR ID: 5048

Butler et. al. Hyperbaric oxygen pre-breathe modifies the outcome of decompression sickness. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2006 Nov-Dec;33(6):407-17. RRR ID: 5051 (BTW - NICE WORK DR. DECO)

Pollock et. al. Plasma glucose response to recreational diving in novice teenage divers with insulin-requiring diabetes mellitus. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2006 Mar-Apr;33(2):125-33. RRR ID: 5037

Duplessis and Hoffer. Tinnitus in an active duty navy diver: A review of inner ear barotrauma, tinnitus, and its treatment. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2006 Jul-Aug;33(4):223-30. Review. RRR ID: 5043

Pendergast et. al. Effects of respiratory muscle training on respiratory CO2 sensitivity in SCUBA divers. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2006 Nov-Dec;33(6):447-53. RRR ID: 5049

Rostain and Balon. Recent neurochemical basis of inert gas narcosis and pressure effects. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2006 May-Jun;33(3):197-204. RRR ID: 5060

Fitz-Clarke. Adverse events in competitive breath-hold diving. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2006 Jan-Feb;33(1):55-62. RRR ID: 5016

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom