Uemis transmitter on Apeks DS4/DST 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ijdod

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just found out that the Uemis transmitter will not fit properly on the Apeks DS4/DST first stages: the flat area that sits flush against the port surface is too wide, causing it to catch on the round body of these regs before bottoming out flat against the port. This leaves a substantial gap, and means the o-ring is not properly seated. Solution would be to use a small HP hose... which isn't easy because the transmitter doesn't have the usual hole for a swivel.

Both were suggested to Uemis as possible product enhancements.

Dive gear express sell a high pressure adaptor for flat port (sender) to spool so you can connect to a normasl 6' HP hose.

Link doesn't work so just search for this: XSS-HL403-180 Adapter: Mini-SPG to HP Hose, Straight (includes spool) its an XS Scuba made part.

Its the 8th part on the list at the BOTTOM of this adaptors and special fittings page http://www.divegearexpress.com/regulators/adapters.shtml
I use HOG regs and the 1st stage is very like a DST - I have had no problems connecting my sender directly.

Hope that helps

I tried with the DS4 myself, so I assumed the DST to be similar. From pics of the HOG 1st stage, it does seem to have a much larger flat area around the port. I was aware of the adapter, but thanks anyway :D

I have a DS4 and my transmitter works like a charm... I don't know why your having an issue. I have used them on my dual tank setup and my single setup... One a Halycon 300 Manifold setup and the other a standard XS Scuba/Gensis valve.

Only issue I have have with the DS4 is the lack of dual HP Ports...

5860757446_01c7b3e72a_z.jpg

5860757300_1abdc9b56e_z.jpg

This makes me wonder if not all DS4 regulators are made equally. My problem is as shown in the pictures. Because the wide base of the transmitter is wider than the narrow flat area next to the port hole, the transmitter doesn't bottom out because the base hits the beveled edge, leaving a gap. The gap means the o-ring is not seated properly.

Of course, if some DS4s have a wider edge next to the hole, this issue may not affect all builds.

Only issue I have have with the DS4 is the lack of dual HP Ports...

What do you need a dual HP port for?

J.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom