UC San Diego Guidelines for evaluation of Divers during COVID-19 pandemic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is very good.
Does anyone know of any similar documents/guidelines that have been produced for divers, especially in scientific or aquarium scenarios?

This is very good.
Does anyone know of any similar documents/guidelines that have been produced for divers, especially in scientific or aquarium scenarios?

We are all working on it now. I expect in the next week or so some documents will start popping up. We all have to meet with Diving Control Boards, make edits as necessary, get DCB approval, then "publish".

I also suspect that with the lack of any data, most institutions will default to the UCSD document as reference. At least there is some liability protection in consensus.

-Chris

Thanks. Forward anything you can! The UCSD document is gold...

Thanks. Forward anything you can! The UCSD document is gold...

I forwarded the UCSD document to an instructor I know who is also a medical professional.

I don't know if this has been posted yet somewhere else, but this seems to be the closest thing to a guideline we have for the time being:

https://health.ucsd.edu/coronavirus/Documents/UC San Diego Guidelines for Evaluation of Divers during COVID-19 pandemic.pdf

-Chris
Great, thank you for posting! It looks like these guidelines are based more on a common sense rather than data, but it is a good starting point since there is a paucity of data currently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom