U853 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Riz

Registered
Reaction score
Perfect day on clam seas, a bit of fog greeted us on the way out little current and virtually no chop made a great start....and the guys from pier dive shop and their boat and captain made it even better...we arrived after about a 45 minute trip....the wreck was clear(for the moment).... a buddy diving a reabreather and me on a thin nitrox mix descended the line to 125 slack low tide. Vis was about 30' and the temp was a comfortable 54 degrees. life was abundant and curious....even a 3' stripper wouldn't leave us alone....2 spiney dogfish..did manage to give me a start...as i peered into the conning tower!!..about 4 ft in length....seeing and feeling the history was an awesome feeling...it being a war memotial, and the final resting place of the crew we limited out penetration to half a body length.....25 minutes on the bottom came quickly.....and we headed up...greeted by 2 other boats tied into us..the 2nd dive ended early as i lost a wrist seal....but worth the time and effort...all in all an 8 on a 10 scale.....and the guys from pier dive were very accomodating.....check 'em out...one of the best crews I had the privledge to dive with

I love it when all things come together for a great dive. your trip sound geat. jfo56

Hey Riz, where are you in CT?
I'm in waterbury, CT! I've been to the U853 many times.
Take a look at a CT Technical Diving site, you may be interested.

www.techdiving.us

Yet another, last one, I promisse!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom