U.S. Divers "Twin 30's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boston Breakwater

"Outlaw." Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello. This was originally posted in "Tanks." It was suggested I post it here although, I personally wouldn't consider them "Vintage." Thanks.

Hello. I'm contemplating selling these bottles. They have the original box, and paperwork. (They are new.)
They have never seen water, and still have the original factory air in them. I'll have to check the "Born Date."
Early 1990's I believe.....Maybe 93' Part# 2804-99
Definitely not the 6351-T6
I'm throwing them up on the board to try and get some feedback, and opinions as to what they may be worth?
I dropped a P.M. to @Sam Miller III and he couldn't really say...........:(
They look Red in the photo. (They are more of a Pink color.)
I would appreciate any, and all replies.
Cheers.View media item 209668
P_20200413_143704.jpg
P_20200413_143651.jpg

Just my opinion but not much. They are not vintage so they are not really interesting to a vintage diver- if they were older steel 38s with a vintage manifold that would be a different matter. . For a modern diver, they are each a nice size pony bottle or the best thing is a small set of single tanks for a young girl. Value, $30 each is about all I would do since they are out of hydro, the manifold, very little, if it were the triple one with the housing, then more.

I tend to agree with Herman.

From a practical point of view, as doubles you have less air than an AL80. And when it comes time to service, you have to pay for two hydros and two VIP. And, what is even more absurd, is that there are some idiotic dive shops (hopefully not many) that will actually charge you for filling two tanks, even do it is less gas than most single cylinders.

Now all that said, you may just find just the right person that likes to have something different and may be willing to pay more just because it is unusual or some other unique reason.

Good luck

I believe Bryan at VDH had a set of those.

I'm sure any young girl would love these tanks, just needs a harness.

These tanks are so beautiful. How much do you want to sell these?

Hello. Sorry, I've been extremely busy, and haven't been logging in much.
Please, start a conversation if interested. I will be notified by email.
Cheers.

And, what is even more absurd, is that there are some idiotic dive shops (hopefully not many) that will actually charge you for filling two tanks, even do it is less gas than most single cylinders.

The guy that owns 99% of the good-for-nothing-except-air-fills dive shops in my area does that. Single yoke manifold twin 38's = two air fills. One steel 95 = one air fill. One lady at the LDS the other day wanted to charge me a 2nd air fill on a single steel 71.2 because she noticed I had a J-valve and knew that meant I had a reserve amount of air so she reasoned that was like a second fill. I just grabbed my tank and happily drove the 30 miles to a friend's dive shop for the fill. For the amount of diving I do I still can't justify the expense of a compressor but the pure joy of divorcing myself from all dive shops forever may win out soon. :) Sorry, had to vent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom