Typical Oceanic Summer service turnaround time??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RaginCajun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey folks,

I've been reading some very good things about Oceanic's customer service on this board and others lately and I was wondering what their usual summer--"High Season" turnaround time should be for a warranty computer repair?

I must admit that I'm a bit frustrated that in the last 90 days they've had my computer for about 60 and this is my 2nd time sending it in. I'm trying to figure out if my LDS is incompetent in helping me but all they had to do was mail it in.

I appreciate that this is definitely the busy season and I most certainly want to be patient, but I'm starting to wonder how patient I should be and how many dives I should miss out on because my equipment is in the shop?

My VT Pro is about to turn 2 yrs old at the end of August and I'm wondering if I should take up Oceanic on the huge upgrade credit for a new computer.

I anticipate nothing but good things from Oceanic and right now I'm just trying to figure out if I should just sit home and be patient, harrass my LDS or take matters into my own hands and contact oceanic directly. It's been 30 days so far on the 2nd trip to the factory and no word yet.

Just wanted to sense check this with you folks.

Hi Ragin,

Our typical turn around is 3-5 days. However, like anyone else, we are subjected to componenet availability delays from time to time. I can't imagine that we'd leave you hanging without any communication or some other solution - but to be sure, please PM or email me as many details as you can provide - dealer name, city, SN if you have it.

I'm sure Doug will get it worked out for you.

For future reference, you can send your PDC directly to Oceanic without going through your LDS. With your shop's track record, I wouldn't be letting them manage the issue for me.

Oceanic service is VERY fast. I can't imagine anything taking them 30 days to resolve.

I've had 2 PDCs repaired by Oceanic, and neither took longer than a week.

Doug thank you very much for the response email sent.

Phil thanks also for the insight. I fell into a bit of LDS dependence here. I failed to realize that I could deal with Oceanic directly.

Yes this is the last time I'm dealing with this LDS.

Ever notice how people are quick to speak up about the bad stuff then once they are fat & happy with a favorable result they forget to speak up and acknowledge the hard work by great customer service professionals?

Well that was me.

I'd like to thank Doug and Oceanic for some great customer service earlier this month. As described in my earlier post, I had a bit of bad luck with my VT Pro that just turned 2 yrs old last week. Come to find out my LDS SC**A HO***ON on K******y D* in Houston is useless. They sat on my computer for about 3 weeks before sending it off to Oceanic despite me pointing out that it failed on my dive vacation and that I wanted it serviced again before the warranty expired in a few weeks.

As it turns out Oceanic did turn it around in under a week or so after they recieved it in peak dive season (late July) and even shipped it to me overnight just in time for another dive vacation of mine. These guys were excellent. They took the time to explain what was going on and eased my fears about getting a dive computer back on a warranty job out of warranty.

Needless to say I'm very pleased with the outcome and sincerely appreciate the extra effort of the Oceanic Technical Service department. If I ever have another problem with this or my other Oceanic dive computer I'll call them directly next time and skip the useless LDS. (More detailed rant on the LDS in the Texas Forum later..)

Thanks Oceanic!

Back
Top Bottom