Typhoon has affected popular diving sites? Is worth going now ? Please help ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamonica

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi
news are not good. Unfortunately typhoon has been very devastated for the phillipines. We are going to the popular diving sites next week. Anilao,Bohol, malapascua, coron, lagazpi, etc. how this areas has been affected ?
I feel very sorry for all of those who has lost their families and home and unfortunately we are in the middle with our holidays. Sounds so ffrivolous and I really feel guilty asking but we have been waiting for this holiday for a while ....
thanks
monica:(

Hi Monica, The only "first hand" knowledge I have is about Moalboal, and during my dive last night, the water was clear and the critters were out.... I saw a turtle, Dark Shouldered Snake Eel, Moray and several others..... I did notice a couple of newly broken coral branches..... but very minimal..

Cheers,
Roger

Thanks Roger
ive doing some research and I think the worse is south east phillipines.
M

Hi Matt we are on your way. It will be around middle of January. I'll contact you soon with exact date. Any idea of accomodation ?
thanks
monica

Hi Monica,

We look forward to welcoming you. What would you like to know about accommodation? We have brand new rooms due to be finished any day now, so I'll certainly be able to assist you with that.

Just let me know.

Matt.

Back
Top Bottom