Typhoon Goni Super Category 5 - Luzon Trajectory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Expected to make landfall Nov. 1st.........

typhoongoni.jpg

Brief update from southern NCR... (Muntinlupa City for those who know/care)

As of 11:20am Nov 1, very light winds and steady, but not hard, rain. The storm track has been all over the place over the past 48 hours, and is currently targeting the Verde Channel area, including Batangas City, Anilao (Mabini), with the southern portion of NCR (metro manila) just on the northern edge of the storm itself. At this point, the storm is still very strong, but may weaken some. Interestingly, on Satellite IR imagery, the eye of the typhoon appears to have collapsed as it passed SW of Caramaron / W of Legazpi.

I will update again in a few hours as long I still have power/internet service.

Stay safe, avoid low ground, avoid trees, and shelter in sturdy buildings.
Fingers crossed it does lose steam before doing too much damage.
Having sat through typhoon yolanda/haiyan a few years back, and having the roof of my accommodation blown off while most of the island was flattened I know what it can be like.

Super Typhoon Goni made landfall with sustained winds of 195 mph in the eastern Phillippines early Sunday. This makes Goni the strongest typhoon to make landfall anywhere on earth since 2013's Super Typhoon Haiyan, which also made landfall in the Philippines.

Back
Top Bottom