Tying on clips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dutybooty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey,
I've had a mong moment and completely forgotten how to tie piston clips onto hoses so they fit on hoses.

Looking at the ones I've already tied I can't figure out how to tie them or even how to undo them!!!

Please guy's, you're my last hope.

Gotta go, I'm on duty.

Dutybooty

Ahh thank you very much. Exactly what I was looking for.

Thats how I was doing it, just with a lot more turns around the hose.

Anyway, gotta go, I'm on duty!

Dutybooty

Well, I started off using cable ties, but in England it's very cold. They get brittle and break.

Its happened a few times to me on normal English dives, but more so on ice dives and the like.

Gotta go, I'm on duty.

Dutybooty.

Hey,
I've had a mong moment and completely forgotten how to tie piston clips onto hoses so they fit on hoses.

Looking at the ones I've already tied I can't figure out how to tie them or even how to undo them!!!

Dutybooty

Hi Dutybooty,

Check our our Hose Clip Retainer, you'll never have to do another knot again! :)

Best,
Ag

Thats actually quite nice. Now I appreciate the effort, but it seems to me that I could make one of those out of an old zip pull!!!

But, just for putting the effort in, I bought a dive-rite cam band from my LDS :)

But anyway, I'm on duty.

Dutybooty

Zip ties have a tendency to break if they are twisted, and cave line doesn't.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom