TX3 and Alaska Undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjgoodman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What do folks think of the TX3? Love it, like it, wish they bought a fusion?

How about the Alaska Undergarment? I haven't heard too much about it. How does it compare to the Fourth Element Arctic? Thanks.

I live and work in South Florida and have used my custom TX3 on 86 dives now and the alaska undergarment on 34 (these numbers are from my log). I find the suit comfortable and warm to use and in fact the undergarment is usually too warm to wear. A set of hellys works great down to 70 F and below that I use the alaska.
The zipper is great and with care it hasn't given me a bit or trouble.

As a teacher I need something I can forget about while I'm diving, TX3 fits the bill perfectly. I get little or no suit squeeze except for the inflator pressing into my chest when I only wear the Hellys (solved by a cotton cloth under the helly). The boots are extremely comfortable and I get the warmth of neoprene without the bulky feel or drag. I have a great range of motion in this suit.

My only problem is with the wrist seals. I always get some leakage if I don't wear my gloves. As I don't wear gloves while diving reefs (role model for students), I do end long dive (90-120 minutes) with damp to wet wrists. It might be I'm not tucking the sleeve under enough or maybe too much, I just don't know but it isn't so bad I'd replace the seals.
I will also highly recommend the SeaSoft hood, it fits well and keeps my head toast and warm. It is the easiest hood to wear I've ever used.

It is a well thought out and well made product, sturdy, strong and reliable!

Dive dive the TX3 in the winter with a Baer 100 or nothing at all. The TX3 keeps me quite warm, but the sleeve seals leak a lot of water, that said, all dry suits that I have owned or have dived leak on my sinewy wrist, the the TX3 is no different. Feels like a wet suit instead of a dry suit, it is comfortable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom