Two slot belt buckle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HammerNoMore

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ok, I've searched here, Usenet and the web in general and have found no answer. I've found 1 thread here dealing with this but the author never got the answer. I'm normally good at puzzles but I'll be darned if I can figure this one out.

How the **** do you thread a weight belt buckle with two slots? Not one with three slots on the left or two on the left and one on the right but two slots total, both on the right.

James

Scubaroo:
Now this is from memory.... I have one threaded at home and can check it later tonight. Hopefully someone can confirm.
I had actually thought about that. Thing is that the buckle is actually tough to close with a single layer of webbing under the teeth, with two layers it would be a real PITA. This is new webbing though, so maybe it would work. I'll give it a go.

James

Well I can now emphaticly say, that ain't it. As suspected with two pieces under the teeth there is not enough clearance to get a positive lock. In fact I tried so hard I bent the buckle and coun't get a lock with one piece anymore. I managed to bend it back with pliers and get it working but as far as I'm concerned this thing is headed strait to the trash heap.

I know one technical dive equipment manufacturer that just lost any respect I might have had for them.

James

James Goddard:
Well I can now emphaticly say, that ain't it. As suspected with two pieces under the teeth there is not enough clearance to get a positive lock. In fact I tried so hard I bent the buckle and coun't get a lock with one piece anymore. I managed to bend it back with pliers and get it working but as far as I'm concerned this thing is headed strait to the trash heap.

I know one technical dive equipment manufacturer that just lost any respect I might have had for them.

James
Woops - just had a look at a threaded buckle (instead of drawing it from memory). The example buckle I have has two slots on the end, and a third slot at the front - so I'm not sure if this is the same as yours or not. Pic attached.

I honestly prefer the three slot buckles, with all of the slots at one end - they thread easily.

Back
Top Bottom