Two "Setting the Hook" Andrea Doria presentations this weekend at OWU

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

settingthehookPete

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Please join me at Our World Underwater at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois for the following Setting the Hook presentations:

"Beyond Artifacts: the Andrea Doria before Technical Diving" on Saturday, February 15th, 3:15, and;

“The Andrea Doria: Ship and Shipwreck” on Sunday, February 16, 3:15.

Home | Our World Underwater

Beyond Artifacts: The Andrea Doria before “Technical Diving”
The author of Setting the Hook, A Diver’s Return to the Andrea Doria offers a personal perspective of a unique period in the amazing evolution of wreck diving. Peter Gimbel’s 1981 commercially backed Andrea Doria expedition caught the attention of divers the world over. Travel back to a tipping point in the popularization of deep diving as the Andrea Doria is explored in a time before sport use of mixed gas or formal technical training.

The Andrea Doria: Ship and Shipwreck
What was it like to explore the “Mount Everest of wreck diving” a decade before the term “technical diving” was coined? The dramatic 1956 collision with the Stockholm and sinking of the Andrea Doria have long captured the imagination of maritime enthusiasts and divers alike. Join the author of Setting the Hook: A Diver’s Return to the Andrea Doria on a thirty year journey through the famous liner’s history above and below the waterline.

Thanks and I hope to see you there!
Peter

Peter@settingthehook.org
Setting the Hook, a Diver's Return to the Andrea Doria
https://www.facebook.com/SettingtheHook?ref=hl

Peter.

All I can say is that "You are a brave man, Charlie Brown"

You are leaving the warmth and comfort of your home to travel to the land of Ice, Snow,Sleet and WIND to hawk your great book!

For you who are in the land of Ice, Snow, Sleet and WIND I strongly urge you to attend Peter's lectures and bring enough funs to purchase Peter's book.

Me? It is forecasted to be 74 & sunny so I am off to the beach!

Good luck Peter,'

SDM

Back
Top Bottom