Two Sea & Sea YS-50 Strobes w Sea Loc Connectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan B.

Contributor
Reaction score
Return with us now to the golden days of silver halide!
These are my old reliable YS-50 strobes I used for many years with my Nik II.
You punk kids wouldn't know what I'm talking about but back in my day strobes gave a blast of light at one setting, didn't have no TTL, and couldn't figger what a fiber optic cable doodad was! It's true! If we wanted to change the light settings we'd move the strobe back n forth. Or change the shutter speed.

These YS-50s never gave me a lick of trouble either, and still work great -- course I ser ys50a.jpgYS50c.jpgviced 'em regular like, changingYS50b.jpg inner and user o-rings. And they was rubber o-rings too! Buna-N. Didn't need no special o-ring grease. Used bear fat once. Had SeaLoc connecters too, so's I could switch 'em from my Nik II to my Oceanic housing.

Gad. That Oceanic was a beast. Big n blue n proud! Won't see the like of her again.
Anyway, if you can use the daing things I'm willin' to let 'em go for $25 apiece. That's a strobe, with the new style battery door, n maybe a spare battery door o-ring. Maybe.
Hell, if you buy em both I'll throw in a perfectly good chassis in case one of em ever goes bad -- it's real easy to switch out, you just got to back off three little screws under them sticky tabs -- remember to drain the capacitor though, or you'll have lightnin bolts comin out your nose! -- plus an old style battery door, a dual connector -- you know you can unplug these things under water, don't ya? -- and a blood stained carryin bag with the word NIKON writ on it there real large so's all the thieves can see it.
Not sure? Well, alright. You think about it and let me know.

Dang, I almost forgot. You got to pay your own damn postage too! I ain't payin it for you! I'm not givin the government even the price of a one stamp! I'm here in California n if that's too far away for you then just forget it!

Hey, why'd them pictures get spread all over the place? Hello? Hello? What daing part am I supposed to talk into? Aw ta hel--

Last edited:
No-one wants it? Then I'll raise the price to $55 for the pair!

See what happens when you get me riled?

Hmmm. I didn't want them at the lower price, but now that you've raised it... ;-)

Seriously though, do you still have these?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom