Two Points of View

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrackaFish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am sitting here drinking the last of the morning coffee talking with the Lizard and the Chicken. Why you ask? I guess because it is something to do during lockdown.

The Lizard says, looking out of the ocean, “You should be diving as it is a perfect day. Not a cloud in the sky, nice warm water, visibility is great and you might be the only one at the dive site. This lockdown foolishness is for the birds. Not diving on a day like today is the same as being in one of Dante’s Circles of Hell.”

The Chicken looked over and said, “Foolish Reptile, he is sitting there wondering about not diving and thinking if it would be a waste of time to watch Tiger King tonight on Netflix. Meanwhile his wife and medical friends are trying to figure out how to take care of a whole lot of sick people. The rest of his family and friends, along with most of the world is trying their best to keep themselves and everyone around them safe and healthy. He should think of them and realize just how damm lucky he is.”

Today at least, I am going to listen to the Chicken. Stay safe everyone.

upload_2020-3-27_11-7-31.jpeg

Sitting here on GC having similar thoughts (although I've given up talking to the lizards. At least the chickens seem to respond.) But not sure these thoughts are mutually exclusive. We are in contact with our kids, friends, and relatives every day trying to keep tabs on their adventures coping with the virus. We are extremely thankful to be "stranded" in a place that seems relatively safe. On the other hand, I would love to jump in the water for a snorkel or dive. I promise I won't interact with anyone, even after they lift the lockdown. Just a straight, fast run from our condo to the water. Making ourselves just slightly less crazy probably won't make things any worse for our loved ones in other places. It may even brighten their day.

Meanwhile we will respect the shelter and curfew rules, will gaze longingly at the water, and will try to be more civil to the lizards. Now the iguanas.... that's a different story.

Meanwhile we will respect the shelter and curfew rules, will gaze longingly at the water, and will try to be more civil to the lizards. Now the iguanas.... that's a different story.

Please, tell me more about the iguanas. :)

I have to admit @BrackaFish , the chickens I have met in the Caymans are not nearly as erudite as yours.

Perhaps you were just in the wrong neighborhood. As a rule the roosters are role models for the term “feather brained “ so don’t expect much insight out of them. Hens are much smarter and you can often glean quite a few nuggets of wisdom from them. Then you will have a big pile of chicken nuggets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom