Two minute rechargeable scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ohhhh.... I see an embolism waiting to happen with this thing. Hand this to the average vacation snorkeler who is used to breath-holding when snorkeling, they take a breath while at 20', hold it, swim to the surface, and an embolism ensues.

Yikes.

Cool idea, just hope it comes with "instructions" if it is ever produced.

Best wishes.

2 minutes huh? Pumped up by a battery into a plastic tank. And a spare air more or less the same size lasts how long? I don't think so without a lot of breath holding.

Compressing air takes significant energy.
A battery that will fit in the device shown in the photo isn’t going to store very much energy. Especially since much of the volume will be occupied by the pressure vessel and the regulator.
I’d like to know the volume and actual pressure of the vessel after the initial and subsequent pressurizations. I suspect that if achieved, the “up to two minutes” would be the first fill, with a slow breather very near the surface.

i.e. cute idea, but is it practical?

This would be great to retrieve sunglasses or other things that go overboard near shore. 2 pair of Persol's and it would pay for itself.
I have a spare air on the ski/fish boat. Great for ropes wrapped around props.

An inbuilt battery drives the compressor to capture air and store it in the air tank. The air is then delivered to the diver in exactly the same way as a scuba system, in conjunction with a dive mask.

I can see a law suit here. What about certification?

---------- Post added September 4th, 2015 at 03:40 PM ----------

Which brings the question to mind. Do you need a cert to purchase a spare air or to use a spare air?

An inbuilt battery drives the compressor to capture air and store it in the air tank. The air is then delivered to the diver in exactly the same way as a scuba system, in conjunction with a dive mask.

I can see a law suit here. What about certification?

---------- Post added September 4th, 2015 at 03:40 PM ----------

Which brings the question to mind. Do you need a cert to purchase a spare air or to use a spare air?

You do not need a certification to purchase or use any scuba gear. Usually you need a certification to get compressed gas from a dive operator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom