Twins back in the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubseaSports

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I found these tanks 5+ years ago. Dived them quite a bit with both single and double hose regs.
Hydro was up before Christmas so I broke them down and phosphoric acid tumbled them, then sent out for hydro. Hydro shop was down for a bit so got them eventually done in the new year.
Whipped them to get flash rust out and changed the manifold from single to double yoke.
I had the double yoke on a set of lp72s a few years ago..72s are long gone.
Shown with Healthways Gold Label and an old Brut 1st and USD 2nd. Bonus points for spg and bcd inflator.
Had the place to myself...and to think I wasn't going to go today.

20230120_134442.jpg

With varying depths of different DH regs, the reversed 1st still interferes with the hose sometimes, in particular the Mistral.
I cut down the plastic knob to 1" and fixed that. Put a slight radius on the edge. I tried a torch to flame the sheen back, but no-go.

20230129_122710.jpg
20230129_122806.jpg

You have 3-4 threads showing on the yoke screw. Would it be possible to find a shorter one or shorten the one you have?

Thats an issue of the length of the yoke on this model.
I have an old mk2 that I believe is shorter and a mkVI pneumatic yoke that definately is shorter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom