Twin Cities old and new diver couple.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NephronRacing

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello from St. Paul, MN. I've been diving since 1988 (PADI AOW). I did a lot of diving early on and it slowed down with kids and then a divorce. I have always found diving the most relaxing of my hobbies. I've logged somewhere under 200 dives which is not many considering how long I've been certified. No dive exact count because my log book was stolen from a storage unit a few months back.

Last month, my wife (married in 2019) got her PADI OW certification along with my step-son. We celebrated her 50th birthday a few weeks ago in Guanacaste, Costa Rica where she had her first non-training dives. She absolutely loved it. So much, in fact that we did a second day of diving.

It's super exciting to get back to regular diving. This time with a wife that loves it. We also love to travel. We are self proclaimed foodies and home chefs so we try to do some sort of cooking class to our travel locations. Now, every conversation about travel includes places to dive along with what cooking class can we take.

Cheers!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Scuba, travel and cooking/eating well are awesome pastimes that many of us here share. There's a standing joke on the Cozumel sub-forum that every Cozumel thread eventually turns into a food thread.

Welcome to ScubaBoard, and congratulations for finding a dive buddy and a companion! Best wishes for all your future dives!

Welcome back to diving! My sweetie and I are in sort of the reverse situation--she's been certified a long time, but fell out of itquickly after being OW certified for some of the typical reasons. I got certified about 3-4 years ago when she expressed an interest in becoming an active diver again. We've had a great time diving together---we're active fresh water divers at home and then do ocean diving on vacation. There's something really rewarding about sharing the interest in diving, traveling to do it, and just being a competent dive team.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom