Twin 125's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIGJC

Reaction score
I am going to double up my Twin LP 125's next week and am using a 85lb Diverite supersing on my plate, is this enough lift? Does anyone have any experience with double 125's?

Geez, I hope you're strong! That's gonna be one heavy set.

85 lbs should be good. I assume you won't be wearing any additional lead?

Tom

Your code name implies that you are big. If you are real big, then maybe double lp125s make sense.

I am 6' 220lbs, and I bicycle on hills regularly so I have strong enough legs. I also do some weightlifting during the winter months. Let me tell you, I have all I can do to heft around PST lp104s. I could not manage anything bigger than that.

IF I had two lp125s, I would either keep them separate or sell 'em and buy something smaller.

just my 2 cents

Originally posted by Mitch421
Your code name implies that you are big. If you are real big, then maybe double lp125s make sense.

I am 6' 220lbs, and I bicycle on hills regularly so I have strong enough legs. I also do some weightlifting during the winter months. Let me tell you, I have all I can do to heft around PST lp104s. I could not manage anything bigger than that.

IF I had two lp125s, I would either keep them separate or sell 'em and buy something smaller.

just my 2 cents

Hmmm, I must be missing something... I am 6' 190lbs and I use OMS steel LP112's. I usually dive them single, but sometimes I run them double without the manifold just to keep myself used to them. I have no problem carrying them around once I got my harness adjusted properly and on several occassions I wore them while I helped newer divers get their gear on before and take it off after a dive. Perhaps I am just used to them, because while I am in decent shape, I certainly dont run, or bike or lift weights...

The nice thing about these tanks, is even when I am diving single with a 3 mil wetsuit I don't need any additional weight, but I can still swim up on a slow ascent from the bottom without the help of my BCD.

Dive often, but dive safe

John

Originally posted by Cave Diver
Hmmm, I must be missing something... I am 6' 190lbs and I use OMS steel LP112's.

Some folks are just strong, you're one of them! I'm 5' 9", 170, usually wear double 80s with one or two 40 cf deco bottles. With one deco it's not bad at all , with two, it's more of a booger. Once I get stood up I can stay up but getting up the ladder is a workout.

I'm in reasonable shape, but I don't workout, just walk, bicycle a bit, and dive.

Yesterday I got (finally) my double 104s which I'll try out tomorrow, with two decos. It's gonna be a tough weekend for my muscles but I'll manage it.

Tom

Two 104's with deco bottles is going to be HEAVY!!!

I don't mind lugging dual 104's around, but sometimes ladders are a slobberknocker. I can not imagine what dual 125's would be like. What are the weight on those? BTW, your 85lb wing should be plenty. You should be able to do the doubles, 2 AL stage bottles, and a deco bottle with those. You have a LOT of lift.

As for the OMS112's, aren't they actually lighter than PST104's? I might be wrong, but I think they are lighter. Anyone know?

Originally posted by JamesK
Two 104's with deco bottles is going to be HEAVY!!!

I don't mind lugging dual 104's around, but sometimes ladders are a slobberknocker. I can not imagine what dual 125's would be like. What are the weight on those? BTW, your 85lb wing should be plenty. You should be able to do the doubles, 2 AL stage bottles, and a deco bottle with those. You have a LOT of lift.

As for the OMS112's, aren't they actually lighter than PST104's? I might be wrong, but I think they are lighter. Anyone know?

Yea, the Faber 112s come in at 41 lbs, the PST 104s at 46 according to the only comparisum page I can find the 112s on http://informatics.tju.edu/pcdm/tanks.htm

I'm psyching myself up for the lift! I need the gas though, doing 210' 20 minutes tomorrow, 260' 15 minutes on Sunday.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom