TUSA Xpert Zoom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caledfwlch

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just saw one of these in a sport shop going for 195 singapore dollars. Worth it?

Would also like to know if:

1) Can I use OTB Odhin boots with these?

2) Are the straps TUSA specific? Can I buy them from another manufacturer if they break?

Have no clue what a Singapore dollar is worth.....but like any other piece of gear....some love these things and some dont. I am a dont. And yes, I know they need a different kick style yada yada....just found them very weak especially in currents. Let the fun begin.

I think the fins are good enough. They work quite well with a flutter kick. They're also fairly lightweight. The foot pocket is comfortable so long as it fits your wetsuit boots. I purchased Xpert Zooms as my first set of fins for scuba diving about 12 years ago and paid about $75. FYI, the black color is slightly stiffer than the other colored Xpert Zooms.

TUSA does sell replacement straps for the Xpert Zooms. The $15 "kit" consists of a strap and the male plastic clips that insert into the female buckles on the posts.

Another option is to get a third-party set of spring straps which work with post-style fins.

I'll let you do all of the currency conversions. The prices in this post are in U.S. dollars.

Like Rich, I'm not a split fan. But if I was going to get splits I would get either the Apollo's or the Atomics...these seem to be the most consisently praised splits.

Also, you could consider spring straps.

I love my xpert zooms. With a correct flutter kick, you can swim into stiff (2-3 knot) currents with these very easily. I have had 0 issues in fast cozumel currents, though a 4+ all you can really do is stay in place. I also noticed an improved air consumption when I switched many years ago. Well constructed, and yes the black are stiffer. Would not go with any other color.

Depends on what type of diving you do.. in a strong current forget it. But in normal water with flutter kicks you definalty will find you use less air. WHen teaching i use my OMS slipstreams, but for non-current leisure diving and night river diving, I tend to use the splits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom