TUSA Talis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harley-Diver821

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi
First I'll tell a little about my situation. I'm a new diver; no logged dives after getting my certification.
I had panned on renting all of my gear until I find what I like and am comfortable with. I am hard to fit, my feet are EXTRA wide, almost as wide as they are long and I have had a moustache for over 40 years.
Recently I was visiting a dive shop and after trying over a dozen masks I found one that is very comfortable (on land) and seals great so I bought it. I also found a pair of boots that fit comfortably then after trying almost every pair of fins in the shop I found a pair of Seac that fit so I also bought these items.

Now for my question. I know a computer is not typically an early purchase but I have the opportunity to get a new, unused, still in the box TUSA Talis for about 1/3 of the price I would pay online.
Does anyone have any experience with this item? Any opinions?

I am hard to fit, my feet are EXTRA wide, almost as wide as they are long and I have had a moustache for over 40 years.
Recently I was visiting a dive shop and after trying over a dozen masks I found one that is very comfortable (on land) and seals great so I bought it. I also found a pair of boots that fit comfortably then after trying almost every pair of fins in the shop I found a pair of Seac that fit so I also bought these items.

What mask, boots and fins did you get? I am very curious about boots fitting very wide feet.

I know a computer is not typically an early purchase
It actually is an early purchase right after the MFS.

I have the opportunity to get a new, unused, still in the box TUSA Talis for about 1/3 of the price I would pay online.
Does anyone have any experience with this item? Any opinions?

I just saw a $225 price for it online which is almost a 50% discount. If you are getting this price or less, that is a good price but I wonder why it is discounted so much. I believe that it is an EoS product and will no longer be available for sale. I also noticed that you have to pay extra for the PC download cable, it isn't a BT device. You should look at products from other vendors that have better and modern technology and see how they compare in price first.

What mask, boots and fins did you get? I am very curious about boots fitting very wide feet.

It actually is an early purchase right after the MFS.

I just saw a $225 price for it online which is almost a 50% discount. If you are getting this price or less, that is a good price but I wonder why it is discounted so much. I believe that it is an EoS product and will no longer be available for sale. I also noticed that you have to pay extra for the PC download cable, it isn't a BT device. You should look at products from other vendors that have better and modern technology and see how they compare in price first.

The mask is Scubaforce Vision 2
Boots are Seac ( they look narrow but when on they are wide enough and very comfortable),
Fins Seac GP100. While I might catch some flack for choosing these, they have a wide pocket and are by far the most comfortable fins I tried. As I gain experience I am sure I will find fins I prefer but these will provide consistency while I improve my technique and are inexpensive enough that I won't feel bad when I upgrade.
I did go ahead and get the Talis ($175)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom