Tusa SCA 240 2 Gauge Console pressurization question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chazrich

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently bought a Tusa SCA 240 2 Gauge Console which I put on my Scuba Pro first stage. My question has to do with the way it pressures up. When I turn on the air the pressure gauge builds up slowly over a minute or so, and when I turn off the air it bleeds off slowly - is this normal for this device?

I did notice the hole in the end of the high pressure line is smaller than the one in the high pressure port of the first stage, which would certainly explain the slow charge up and bleed off. So does this make the spg incompatible with my regulator (I really hope not)?

A follow-up question that also comes to mind as well is whether this issue might effect the accuracy of the gauge.

HI-
The pressure gauge is working normally. A smaller hole is used on the HP connection in order to reduce the risk of blowing a hose or the gauge if the system is shocked with air. Additionally, the pressure gauge reading would fluctuate during breathing if a larger bore connector was used. The SCA-240 is compatible universally with industry standard 1st stage HP ports.

Thanks,

My previous experiences have been with gauges that responded instantly to the addition of an air source. Of course I'm sure everyone has heard the warning that you should point the gauges away from yourself when turning on the air just in case you blow the spg. I guess it makes sense that it is just simpler to modify the SPG to be less vulnerable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom