TUSA SCA-230 console question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shinsen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just bought a used Platina RS-230 setup with an SCA-230 console.
All is well except the depth gauge face rotates freely on its own.
The adjusting screw on the right side moves the face back and forth just fine, but if you zero out the gauge and the console gets jostled (especially with the console facing down) sometimes the gauge face will rotate, so the needle is now not pointing at zero.

The mecahnical part of the depth gauge works fine. When diving I just have to make sure I zero it out on the surface, and take an extra second to be sure the face is "square" when I read it under water.

I opened it up to see if there was something loose or missing inside.
Having never seen another one opened up, I'm guessing there should be some type of very thin o-ring that goes in the cut-out around the edge of the dial face. This would press against the clear cover and hold the face against the adjusting gear with enough force so it won't turn freely. That's my theory and I'm sticking with it.

Any thoughts?

HI-
The SCA-230 depth gauge has a gear that meshes with teeth on the underside of the depth gauge dial. If this is freely spinning, then the gear or some of the teeth may have been damaged or broken. There is a single o-ring that seals the unit between the top cover and the main body. There is no service or repair available for this unit. A replacement can be purchased at your LDS. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom