Tusa M-23 mask: reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peterjmaerz

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Interested in any user experiece with this mask, particularly the 23-QB photographers' model, highly-touted in Scuba Diving Magazine review.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Hi,

I've got the M23-QB and I love it but it felt weird the first time I tried it on as the skirt doesn't seem to stick to your face like some of my other masks.

Underwater the mask was SUPER. Low volume, great field of vision, no leaks, easy to clear and equalize. I can't say much more cept it's a great mask and it's my fav of the bunch. It would be great for taking photos as the lens is really close to your eyes.

Just make sure you try it on before getting it. All this is squat if it leaks on you LOL!

SangP

What is the difference between an M-23 and the M-23QB?

peterjmaerz:

Hi peterjmaerz,

Thanks for the link but Vie I was at my lds today and I tried the M23 and later came back home to compare the M23QB... guess what I couldn't tell the difference LOL!

Whatever difference
"In black silicone and with a super-thin form for underwater photographers."
It was intended to mean, it could not tell any difference except for the colour of the skirt LOL!

Another thing:
"The M-23QB has particularly concentrated on the viewfinder, enabling the shutter to be released accurately. It also offers outstanding performance for video camera users."

Doesn't make any sense to me... how much faster can you release the shutter?

Whatever the case, get the mask that gives you more confidence.

Cheers,

SangP

SangP:
Hi peterjmaerz,

Thanks for the link but Vie I was at my lds today and I tried the M23 and later came back home to compare the M23QB... guess what I couldn't tell the difference LOL!

Whatever difference
"In black silicone and with a super-thin form for underwater photographers."
It was intended to mean, it could not tell any difference except for the colour of the skirt LOL!

Another thing:
"The M-23QB has particularly concentrated on the viewfinder, enabling the shutter to be released accurately. It also offers outstanding performance for video camera users."

Doesn't make any sense to me... how much faster can you release the shutter?

Sure, SangP:

It's marketing hype 101. I was curious as to whether there was more of a difference in the 23 and 23QB than skirt color.; perhaps less distance between lens and face or, indeed, thinner skirt material. In the end, of course, I'll be trying the mask on in person, with reg in mouth and with old mask along for comparison. That said, It's always fun to get user opinions and read the ads up front. When I weed out the useless and the hyperbole, I can often get a bead on what to expect.

I do love the bit about "concentrating on the viewfinder"...maybe there's a homing device that aligns the mask to the viewfinder :wink:

Thanks,

SangP:
Hi peterjmaerz,

That was almost exactly my experience! As far as I could tell the only difference was the skirt colour. I was in a dive store looking at the M23 as I wanted a low volume mask that could take Rx lenses—anyway, the M23 Rx lenses are not available in Thailand.

Hi Vie,

I don't know a thing about Rx lenses but I would say that the Tusa M23 and the QB versions are well designed masks and I love them.

Good luck in getting Rx Lenses for the mask.

Cheers,

SangP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom