TUSA Imprex regulators, circa 1995

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Lori

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've got a set of Tusa Imprex regulators that I bought new in 1995. I would like to get the directions to service them. I have the schematic and the parts, but the directions would be a big help.

There are no TUSA techs in my area. So, it's do it on my own or retire them. My dive buddy is a Mares tech, and I figure he can do it in a pinch, but the instructions would help the process I'm sure.

Any help is appreciated!

Lori

HI Lori-
Thank you for your inquiry. All regulator service should be conducted by authorized factory technicians and retailers. Current and updated repair manuals, schematics and replacement parts are available only to these entities. TUSA offers factory service for customers who are not located near an authorized repair facility. Please contact our customer service dept. M-F 0830 - 5pm PST at 1-800-521-8872 ext 236 if you wish to have your regulators serviced.

Nevermind the "authorized technician speak". If we can't do them ourselves, I'll retire them. It's not worth it to send them away and pay the costs incurred to do so. I do not use them anymore as they are not a high performance reg I require for cave diving. I've been using them only for pool classes.

If my buddy can't service them on his own, which is highly unlikely, then they will be retired. We service our own life support, period.

Lori,
That is the standard CYA crap you would get from any manufacturer. It's been awhile, but as I recall, that is a pretty simple first and a standard downstream second. Your buddy should have no problem--if he can find parts. Personally, I would ebay them. There are plenty of regs that would excell at that use and more that can be bought new for well under $150.

If I remember correctly, the Tusa Imprex was a Scubapro Mk 5 copy. Tabata manufactures Scubapro designs and often markets them through TUSA (Tabata USA) once the exclusive rights expire. It is a good arrangement for both companies as Sp has excelelnt designs and TAbata has first class manufacturing facilities.

If it a Tusa first stage and looks like a Scubapro Mk 5, it is. At one point I had schematics with cross referenced part numbers for both the Imprex and Mk 5.

The second stage is similarly generic and should not be a problem to service.

The real problem will in fact be the CYA aspects of it where a shop that is not a TUSA dealer, may be very reluctant to service a TUSA reg. Its not the shop's fault or TUSA,s it is just the sad reality of living in our lawuit and lawyer infested society.

If you decide you don't want them any longer, feel free to PM me, I'd be glad to pay your shipping costs to send them to me.

Dive Lori would you let a instructor you did not no teach your class then sign the students off as pass their class? On the same subject we can read the book for scuba what do we need with a certified instructor but hopeful when you took your instructor course it was more then put a tank on and diving.

Keyshunter (That is the standard CYA crap you would get from any manufacturer.) That’s the standard crap from someone who has never opened a dive center or manufacturing plant. All you have to do is open your own shop and you can sale parts.

An thank you to DA Aquamaster at least I no alone out here

i have a TUSA imprex second stage i was going to use for pony bottle. I cannot figure out how to even open up the front. does it screw off, or other method. it has black front and a gray plastic piece between cover and regulator body. there seems a small semicircular cut out on the side where it appreas the gray piece intersects wirh front. any help appreciated. the outer part seems to ba a tough plastic like ABS, the ring is an uncertain plastic. I don't want to break it. mk

Back
Top Bottom