Tusa Hyflex Switch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jdg1975

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone use these? Thoughts? Will they fit a cold water bootie?

Got 'em, love 'em. Not sure about bootie, think you would need to size up one size. Think the site explains this.

Ok thank you

Hi,
Just for a reference, I usually use size 10.5 shoes. I'm using Seac pro HD 6mm XL booties with a large Hyflex. I'm a newbie with 5 dives, but have never had an issue of cramps. I haven't encountered a situation where I swam harder than the fin was able to push which surprised me. Granted I do not have much experience with fins but am very happy with them. The one change I made was added spring straps.

I owned the Apeks RK3 HD first as they're very popular in Kuwait and highly recommended by a lot of the instructors and divers that I dive with. However, I've tried them on 6 dives and I found them causing me severe leg cramping and foot pain and not very efficient (even though I workout, lift weights & jump rope so I'm not out of shape). So I decided to go back to flutter style fins and I picked up the Tusa Hyflex Switch Fins in Blue (small size US 7.5 UK 40) and I use them with 5mm IST Titanium boots and they're a perfect fit. They fit much better, are easier to put on and take off (I used the default medium setting on the strap) and I tried them on 3 dives where the current was extremely strong and I was finning at full power without leg exhaustion or cramping. When the current died down, I found them very relaxing and efficient with very good propulsion. Maybe I just didn't get used to the jet fin style, but I much prefer these Tusa's. Highly recommended.

Thanks. I got a set. Tried them out just snorkeling & some shallow free diving (very shallow)... So far so good.

On Tusa's website, they now have a pro version that has a 20% stiffer blade. The blade only is available for sale so you would need the standard fins to use this portion. I was going to buy a pair of technical fins (deep6 or similar) for wet diving but may end up getting these instead ...unfortunately they are both about the same price.

Back
Top Bottom