TUSA Feedom HD review/opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmcfish

New
Reaction score
I am looking for a new mask giving a wide angle view side-side and up-down and am thinking of the Tusa Freedom HD. Does anyone have any opinions on this mask? Are there any negatives to a single lens mask? My local scuba shop said Tusa masks "have problems" so he doesn't carry them. Any other recommendations? I was also looking at the Sherwood Oracle but like the single lens and profile of the Freedom HD. Thanks.

For masks, you really need to try on as many as you can and pick from the ones that fit your face. Brands and individual mask characteristics mean nothing outside of the masks that fit your face and provide a good seal. The Atomic frameless and several expensive scubapro mask don't fit my face well; I dive with a $45 XS Brute.

This article might be helpful and I like Natalie Gibb, but like I said, fit is the most important aspect and features are secondary.

10 Best Scuba Diving Masks

I agree with cpttightpants you will want to try on a bunch of masks and find one that fits your face. TUSA masks are great but if it doesn't fit, it won't matter. Let me guess the shop doesn't carry TUSA?

I have a few TUSA masks my wife has a geminus and I have a Visualator I used for snorkeling and a Visio Pro that I am using for diving.

I actually won a blue Freedom HD from TUSA but found that I like the Visio Pro better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom