TUSA Cetus fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Angelfish

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with TUSA Cetus fins.... you know, shorter in length than normal but shaped like a whale tail when you look at them as a pair?

Anglefish,

Tried them out last fall at the ocean, but those damned Japanese whaling ships kept following me around. Got rid of them and went back to my Jet Fins.

ID

Hi all! Going to get 1 pair soon. Will add my comments to this thread once I've tried it.. ;-)

Personally, I think that they are a good and cheap alternative to the more expensive variants, personally, I would rather have a pair of Volos.

The fins don't have much power but when you are only doing recreational diving, they suffice better than the rented ones. The foot pocket is small in my opinion so don't get a bootie that's too thick.

Other than that, they attract a bit of attention due to their shape and are smaller and easier to pack for travel.

I've been diving with cetus fins for about 4 years now.......really dont have much to compare them with because they are all i have ever used.....they have never gave me any problems till this past weekend when we got into some heavy currents ..they werent stiff enough to make the needed power ...but for light current diving they are very comfortable and work well...p.s. just make sure to have them on the correct feet .....

well i bought mine and love them dearly - but the foot pockets are huuuuuge. maybe previous poster has plates instead of feet! i have just had a trip to barbados trying them out - light and packable. as i have wrecked knees the last thing i need is huge fins but because i have always been a competitive butterfly swimmer i don't use a flutter kick but instead double fin and glide. so, if you use these, to manage the power issue, make like a fish and i guarantee that you will be moving quicker than everyone else - rgardless of the fins they are wearing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom