Turtle Fins (rubber Jet Fin Style)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ninja

Reaction score
Does anyone out their have turtle fins??

Was wondering if you like them and pros or cons. My plana avanti Quattro's (XL) are a tad snug on my rock boots for my new dui dry suit. Was considering turtles because they have the triple xxx foot pocket easier donning and doffing and I won't have to fight with my quattro's all the time!!:eek:

thanks for the input in advance!:)

NINJA

I have XL jets - about the same. They are my fin of choice in caves and wrecks - the best combination of blade size (relatively small) and performance, with a foot pocket big enough for my drysuit.
In open water I prefer Frogs.
Rick

My partner uses Turtles with his rock boots and really likes them...
I bought a pair but my feet aren't big enough for them and I don't use rock boots....
His feet are size 13 mine are 10 at most...

I have to use Turtles with my drysuit, because of the large foot pocket. They are identical to Jets in every respect except foot pocket size. I've got Halcyon Spring straps on them, and no complaints.

Dave

Hello my fellow Canuck!

The Jetfin's I think are a little nicer but they don't come big enough for a drysuit.

Most people think that the Turtle's are the exact same. I'm not sure. The Jetfin's blade is a little smaller, narrower, and so's the foot pocket.

I love the Turtles w/the Halcyon spring heel straps. They give you a lot of power and a lot of performance, and you don't even feel yourself kicking. And most important they will fit any drysuit boot, and anyone with mamouth sized fins.

Split fin's have nothing on these bad boys!

I think we should start a Split fin rebellion. They suck too!

:fork:

Split fins are a piece of s *h * * * t* only good for the tropics! Ever tried topush doubles and a drysuit through the water with those:whack: .. Think they would be fine during a reef dive :D

I'm getting the Turtles with spring heel strap!!!:devious:

NINJA:turtle:

I use turtle fins, Xl i think. They are the only ones i found that fit a viking drysuit boot. I cant say a bad thing about them, i love them, infact i bought 2 pairs :)

TMD

Originally posted by ninja
Split fins are a piece of s *h * * * t* only good for the tropics! Ever tried topush doubles and a drysuit through the water with those:whack: .. Think they would be fine during a reef dive :D

I've done a bunch of dives in a drysuit and steel doubles with split fins... and ninja's right! :D You can't frog kick (effectivly) in split fins... or at least no one I know can... I still have them for tropical drift dives though, they're great for that. Now I use turtle fins for the power you get from them while frog kicking and they are Sooooo much better for the drysuit and doubles diving

I got some turtles from COVCI and installed some spring straps on them. These are much meatier fins than "standard" recreational fins. Alot more inertial mass than my old fins (Sherwood Magnums). So far I like them. There is a little bit of slop in the foot pocket with a size 11 rock boot, but the strap holds it on securely. Definitely easier (and less strenuous) to remove than my old fins.

wb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom