Turneffe Weather July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctorfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi,
I have been thinking about travelling to Turniffe Island Resort the first week of July but am concerned re the weather. I understand that the hurricane season usually does not really get into full swing until August, but looking at weather sites on the net, it seems that July is in the middle of "wet season". How wet is wet? Anyone have any July experince there?

Thanks,
Doctorfish

My wife and I were there two years ago for two weeks: late June through almost mid-July.

We were rained on a couple of times but never rained out of any activities.

The first night going into the first morning was by far the wettest. It was literally a monsoon that night and was still raining so hard at daybreak that the assistant manager brought us umbrellas so we could make it to breakfast without getting soaked.

But by the time of our first dive of the morning, the rain had tapered off quite a bit and by lunch it was over. From there on out we enjoyed great weather with only a couple of small showers over the remaining two weeks. Unlike Oregon, one nice thing about the rain there is once it stops, the sun dries everything off very quickly so that an hour later you can't even tell it rained.

So, to sum up, "wet" wasn't very wet when we were there except for our first night.

We're headed back to TIR in late July. I'd prefer to go earlier in the summer for a host of reasons with weather considerations being one of them, but we have to wait for my wife to finish up a college course she's taking this year.

Thanks very much

I like July here. We get a lot of calm weather and I can get out to Turneffe in my 25 foot skiff.

Im with Hank on this July is one of my favorite months also and with regards to rain you have to look a little closer with regards to rainy season.

Most of Belize's rainfall is in the mainland of Belize, the islands get quick downpours but the offshore winds carry those clouds over the islands onto the mainland where they unload.

Feel confident that July is a good month

Gaz Cooper

We were at TIR last August for a week and I only recall rain on the first day during our check out dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom