Turmoil?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RikRaeder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetoids to all friendly and helpful PPD. Once more I ask for your wisdom, oh sage oracles. So, as mentioned elsewhere, I'm heading down there in three (3) count them three short weeks and was wondering; are the current political difficulties causing any problems that I should know about? I mean extra security, flight disruptions, etc... tourist stuff. I hope that you and yours are all quite well, and that the situation is as innocuous as it is made to seem on CNN (they're not making such a big deal of it here). Thanks.
RR

No worries. The Clinton Campaign Office Hostage Crisis was more traumatic! Nothing but a news byline....Bring it on....and dive your puwit off!

Not sure what a puwit is (I'll figure it out), but that's what I intend to do! Thanks for the info.

hehe ask once you get there what it means (pronounced 'wet' with a 'p' in the front). :)

Last year when there was political turmoil I was diving in dumaguete with Spoon. We had just a short delay in the domestic airport (less than an hour) but nothing to write home about. The way the other PPDers are discussing it in the Barangay Pasaway subforum it seems the same old, same old.

rik, relax...

locally it's a big (huge) joke... largest political joke to date actually... news reports are saying even the foreigners who were staying at the Pen were not that worried - uneasy yes - but not panicked...

enjoy your dives... and trust me - the 'round the table mutiny jokes will be faaaaaar more entertaining than the antics of an insecure whiner of a "senator"

Jag

lessons to be learned...

avoid 5 star hotels in Makati!!!

:joke: you should be fine Rik. Enjoy the trip and don't worry about it...

or....stay away from men sporting loose cannon senators and camo!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom