Turks & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking at doing a trip to Turks & Caicos in '09 and wanted to know if there was a good time to go? I've done Cozumel in April and Belize in May so I'm assuming that these months are good for the T&C as well. Thanks for any input.

I'm looking at doing a trip to Turks & Caicos in '09 and wanted to know if there was a good time to go? I've done Cozumel in April and Belize in May so I'm assuming that these months are good for the T&C as well. Thanks for any input.

I did TCI last March on a liveaboard, the Juliet ( Juliet Sailing and Scuba Diving ). I think the best time to see whales is mid February to early March. I don't think there is a bad time to go. The weather is always moderate. You do have the passing tropical weather in mid summer to early fall. That has a tendency to increase as the water temperature heats up.

TCI is getting crowded and overbuilt. Go see it while it is still a nice place to dive.

We just returned from the T&C. We were aboard the Caribean Explorer II. The diving was very good especially if you like the bigger stuff. We saw sharks on every dive and often several at a time. What a thrill.

We saw Eagles Rays, large groupers, octopus and of course all the usual suspects. Of special interest was the black & while Lion fish.

On the surface we saw whales on two occations although they were about 50 to 75 yards from the boat. Nothing underwater though. While they claim whale shark and mantas we didn't see any of those.

If you go in January/February the water temps run about 76/77 degrees. I was glad I took the 5mm.

I just got back from a wall dive of West Caicos. Excellent visibility, sharks, tame groupers, eagle rays, sting rays, whales (on the surface 100 yards from the boat) and spotted dophins playing in our wake. The captain stopped so we could jump in and snorkel with the dophins, but they kept their distance when we were in the water....never came closer than 10 yards.

The water was pretty cold this time of year....77 or less. I had on a 3mil and was fine until the end of the dive. Weather was perfect.

Since we stayed on Provo, I chose to dive with Big Blue...class act, never more than 9 divers per boat (we only had five.) I highly recommend them. My dive buddy owns property on Provo, and he's tried all the operators and keeps coming back to Big Blue because of the small groups and because they are very eco-friendly.

Went to T&C onboard the Carribean Explorer in Dec. 06. See link for video: Stage6 · Destination Scuba Videos - Free Destination Scuba Video Downloads.. This was shot by my honey. There are also videos from other trips like Saba, Belize and I think Palou there.

very nice! I didn't get a chance to watch the whole T&C video, but what I saw was fantastic. Since I shoot video (but can't afford HD yet) I really appreciate the difficulty of some of those closeups of little critters and big critters. And the sharks! Gotta love any dive with sharks!

robin:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom