Turks & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luckyfishrag

Reaction score
I will be in Turks & Caicos (Gran Turk) one day while I am on a cruise. I am wondering... what dive op to go with? I would really like to make sure that I am not on a cattle boat. A small group with a good op is always better to me. There are 4 of us traveling in mid October.
Thanks for your help!

Your ship may have contracted with one operator to take cruise people out. They usually take cruise people to a separate location than they would a visitor staying on Grand Turk.
If you want to avoid your fellow cruise-folk, I have found Oasis Divers and Blue Water Divers and Sea Eye Diving are the ones to go with. You can find links to them by searching the web.

my husband and i are going to Grand Turk in october and we are diving with Bohio Dive resort, www.bohioresort.com. from what i have read about them, and from what they say on their website, they have the nicest boat on the island--a 36 ft catamaran (and, as i am not even certified, i actually don't know if that's a good size boat or not ?!? :confused: ). but i am not sure if they only take their own resort guests or other divers as well. send them an email--kelly, one of the owners, is super nice

I just returned from a six day dive trip to the Grand Turk. Our shop chose Oasis Divers and we were all very happy with them. The shop is located in front of the water and the entire staff is friendly and helpful. Have fun!

H - the IslandCowgirl

IslandCowgirl:
I just returned from a six day dive trip to the Grand Turk. Our shop chose Oasis Divers and we were all very happy with them. The shop is located in front of the water and the entire staff is friendly and helpful. Have fun!

H - the IslandCowgirl

How would you rate the visibility and the fish life. how close are the dive sites to the hotel area, was there long boat rides out to the sites?

My wife and I went for our honeymoon from May 13th-21st. It was her first ocean dive and caicos adventures was great. They set up everything and guided us under water. Boat rides are about 30-40 minutes and it goes by fast.

They do wall diving and it's awesome it goes from 40 feet to 6,000 feet. We saw a reef shark, turtles, tons of fish life way too many to list. You won't be disappointed!!!

robbcayman:
My wife and I went for our honeymoon from May 13th-21st. It was her first ocean dive and caicos adventures was great. They set up everything and guided us under water. Boat rides are about 30-40 minutes and it goes by fast.

They do wall diving and it's awesome it goes from 40 feet to 6,000 feet. We saw a reef shark, turtles, tons of fish life way too many to list. You won't be disappointed!!!

I think you may be confusing Provodenciales with Grand Turk. The cruise ships now stop in Grand Turk. While the boat rides on Provo are reltively long (40 mins.+) the rides on GT are short (5-15 mins.). Vis is awesome at both locations. Most of the diving is wall diving. I have found that the diving can run hot or cold. I have had dives where the biggest thing we saw was a turtle and dives where I stopped counting spotted eagle rays at 25!

Tim Ingersoll:
I think you may be confusing Provodenciales with Grand Turk. The cruise ships now stop in Grand Turk. While the boat rides on Provo are reltively long (40 mins.+) the rides on GT are short (5-15 mins.). Vis is awesome at both locations. Most of the diving is wall diving. I have found that the diving can run hot or cold. I have had dives where the biggest thing we saw was a turtle and dives where I stopped counting spotted eagle rays at 25!

Sorry, I missed the Grand Turk part. :shakehead

As far as I know there are only 3 dive operators on the island. Go with Oasis and tell them your experience level. We used them while staying on the island and thought they were great. Boat rides are short for every dive (5-15 min).

I believe Oasis is the contracted operator for the ships. They have a separate boat for the cruise ship divers. If you're a fairly frequent diver, let them know that and ask to be on their other boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom