Turks & Caicos - Grace Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kpdivers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm all eyes and ears for any recommendations for the Turks Island of Providenciales. We will be diving for 4 or 5 days and wanted to know what good, bad, or indifferent experiences anyone had with the dive shops. Would love to dive steel, but doubt that will happen, unless you know of a hidden secret.

Thanks for your input

I've dove with Caicos Adventures and Provo Turtle Divers, both very good
operations.

However, I do like Caicos Adventures better.

Both great people, but a little better boat and the people with Adventures
seem to be better in tune with the folks on-board. Both mostly go to the
same dive sites. Also, Adventures has fruit and drinks for divers, while Turtle
requires that you bring your own. Just me...

Water is great, as is sea life.

Enjoy your trip, hope to get back new year!

I'm all eyes and ears for any recommendations for the Turks Island of Providenciales. We will be diving for 4 or 5 days and wanted to know what good, bad, or indifferent experiences anyone had with the dive shops. Would love to dive steel, but doubt that will happen, unless you know of a hidden secret.

Thanks for your input

Just got back from Providenciales last week. We ended up diving with 3 different shops and Flamingo Divers was the best. It's a smaller shop with personal attention. Dive Provo was good for us as well, but it may depend on which crew you end up with. We talked with some people who felt differently. What I liked about Dive Provo is they ran trips to Grace Bay. It may not have the huge walls of say West Caicos, but the diving was spectacular and it's a 15 minute boat ride away.

Also, we dove steel 80s with everyone. Dive Provo had Nitrox readily available and Flamingo Divers can get it on request.

Dove with Flamingo Divers in December and had a wonderful time! I am also going back in June and have already planned to dive with Flamingo agian. Being on a boat with a max of 8 divers does have it's benefits! Only downfall I see is that it is 45 minutes to an hour out for diving so you are out most of the day to get 2 dives in.

I dove with Provo Turtle dive in Feb 2010. I also heard great things about Flamingo dive, unfortunately, I did not book far enough in advance and they were fully booked the week I went. Provo Turtle dive is fine, the instructors were great. They went to great sites. They dive as a group though, not buddy system. We did 3 boat trips with them and they did provide snacks and fruits after dives.

How much is cab fair from the airport to a hotel in Provo? Or a cab ride anyplace else? I'm trying to decide if its worthwhile to rent a car for the week or just for a couple of days.

I'm going to be there 23rd-28th of this month. If any of you will be around and are up for it, let me know!

I'm going to be there 23rd-28th of this month. If any of you will be around and are up for it, let me know!

I meant to say, up for night dives!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom