Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What other non-scuba stuff do you guys recommend I do in T&C's besides lounging on the beach?

I really enjoyed a day trip to North and Middle Caicos and should have spent the night at Dragon Caye so it doesn't feel so rushed. Did a Plantation tour and checked out caves.

PS, bring your mosquito repellent when you go to north and middle Caicos. They were no joke over there, especially in the caves.

We did a full day catamaran snorkel and beach BBQ with Caicos Dream Tours, it was a blast. We got to go to a few remote spots and hang out, swim, snorkel and eat a great lunch on the beach.

Also my fiancees favorite activity (we ended up going twice!) was visiting to the local dog rescue and taking a puppy for a walk on the beach! the Potcake Place rescues dogs around the T & C islands and then adopts them out. You can show up around 9:00 am, and "rent" one for a few hours to walk on the beach. It was a lot of fun and the dogs were great. No charge to take a dog out, but donations are appreciated and they have some cool T Shirts and other gear for sale.

Info - Potcake Place

My favorite part of our 13 day TCI trip was actually the first 7 days, which we spent diving and hanging out on Grand Turk. IMHO the diving is better out there, and topside is about as chill as it can get; which was perfect for us. Stayed at the Osprey and dove with Blue Water.

If you want to "get away from it all", then GT is definitely worth checking out. If we were going back we would probably just stay out on GT for the entire trip, and maybe spend the last night on Provo for more convenient timing on our international departure.

Back
Top Bottom