Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O.P.

Reaction score
I thinking about going to the T&C this winter but I'm hesitating between Grand Turk and Provo.
From your experiences, which of the island is the best as far as diving is concerned?

My LDS has a trip on GT so if GT is the way to go, I might sign up.

Op

IMHO grand turk is better. The dive sites are MUCH closer and the island has a lot more character. There is less to do as far as topside diversions on Grand Turk.

The diving is comparable although I saw way more big stuff off Provo than GT. That may have been an anomoly. Its all wall diving. Very little current. Great vis. Warm water. The biggest difference was the boat rides. The best diving is 45 minutes from Provo at West Caicos and French Cay. The boat rides on GT were all ten minutes or less. Provo has more to do above water although you should consider a car to get around. GT has little to do and all you really need is a bicycle to get around. Food and lodging are expensive on both islands. Always dive with Caicos Adventures on Provo and Oasis on GT. Highly recommend both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom