Turks and Caicos - May08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am considering Turks and Caicos for May 08. Not interested in Provo. Prefer Salt Cay or Grand Turk - Which has better diving? Appreciate recommendations on lodging and dive ops. Thanks.

Grand Turk. Dive with Oasis or Sea Eye. They can both take you to SC to do a few dives but the wall is much better in GT. Stay at Mantahouse--you will like the girls who run the place...they also own the Sandbar which has great food. Ask for Dale at Oasis and Smitty at Sea Eye. Both dive ops are good..everyone is friends down there. PM me with any ??

Scratch Sea Eye. I meant Grand Turk Diving. Smitty who used to be with SEA EYE started GT Diving.I forgot.

Thanks for the info. By the way, glad you found your camera. Have you seen the Dan Mag cartoon this month. It reminded me of what y'all have been going through at Lake Lanier. Hope y'all get some lake level rise from these recent rains. Our lake is up a foot (Clark hill/ Lake thurmond).

Grand Turk. Dive with Oasis or Sea Eye. They can both take you to SC to do a few dives but the wall is much better in GT. Stay at Mantahouse--you will like the girls who run the place...they also own the Sandbar which has great food. Ask for Dale at Oasis and Smitty at Sea Eye. Both dive ops are good..everyone is friends down there. PM me with any ??

Many thanks. Is there shore diving?

We are staying at Bohio on Grand Turk. We use the Oasis large boat. Very good diving and very professional dive team at Bohio. Here is a picture of our group on the Oasis boat.
Grand%20Turk.gif

I have dove from the Bohio beach and rented DPVs from them but never dove with them. Looks like you had a good time. Did you get to the Amphitheater?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom