Turks and Caicos is ON!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you. I wish I could take full credit for it, but to be honest, there was a lot of luck involved.

3/4 of my good ones have been dumb luck. Take it where you can get it.

Congratulations on getting to go to T&C. We were originally scheduled for mid-July with ExplorerVentures T&C, then postponed to mid-August, then that got canceled due to the testing and insurance requirements.

TCI Assured | Visit Turks and Caicos Islands

They wanted a test 3 days prior, and at the time test results were taking >7 days for most folks in our area. The travel insurance was a problem, since both DAN and DiveAssure specifically stated they wouldn't cover what T&C was asking for. No one at ExploreVentures could tell us what kind of insurance T&C wanted (that we could get). Most insurance policies specifically exclude pandemics (along with civil unrest and war.). I'm curious whether T&C modified or clarified their requirements, or what kind of insurance T&C accepted from you.

We've been given vouchers in the amount of our deposits good for a year on the T&C liveaboard, and American Airlines has twice given us vouchers for the airfare good for 2 years. So we're not out any $$ yet, but we totally missed our vacation window for a week long trip. :(

I have travel insurance with Nomad Travel and I purchased Aura Assisted insurance thru the T&C website which covers covid issues plus i have my own health insurance.

We got our negative results this morning, I uploaded everything and we were approved within an hour.

Flight confirmed for tomorrow, Delta DTW-ATL-PLS

No diving this trip, we are staying on Ambergris Cay and there is a ban on inter island travel. No dive ops on Big Ambergris.

Very excited!

We got our negative results this morning, I uploaded everything and we were approved within an hour.

Flight confirmed for tomorrow, Delta DTW-ATL-PLS

No diving this trip, we are staying on Ambergris Cay and there is a ban on inter island travel. No dive ops on Big Ambergris.

Very excited!
I am very confused. (That is really nothing new.) I know PLS is the code for Provo, but I thought Ambergris Cay was in Belize.

I am very confused. (That is really nothing new.) I know PLS is the code for Provo, but I thought Ambergris Cay was in Belize.

There is one in T&C, as well. Much like there are multiple "7 Mile Beaches" around the world as well.

There is one in T&C, as well. Much like there are multiple "7 Mile Beaches" around the world as well.
Thanks. I didn't know that there was an Ambergris Cay in TCI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom