Turks and Caicos in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CalDyver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Planning a dive trip second week of April to Turks and Caicos. Never been there before so I'm looking for suggestions for dive operators/places to stay. Grand Turk? Provo?
Any suggestions welcome.

The main flights go into Provo so you start there. If you go on to South Caicos, Salt Cay or Grand Turk you will have to take an inter-island flight. That may make the decision for you. If it doesn't then the biggest advantage to Grand Turk is the boat rides. The dive sites off GT are all less than ten minutes from the dock. The best dive sites on Provo are a 40-50 minute boat ride from the South Dock. The must do dives are usually considered to be off West Caicos and French Cay. These require a longer boat ride and may not be included if you use an operator out of Turtle Cove or Leeward Marina.

I have been to Provo many (15+) times and GT once. My personal favorite for ops is Caicos Adventures. Great dive platform and service. They run a big cat that makes for a comfortable ride on the way out.

As to someplace to stay you will have to give your parameters. You can spend a lot of money if you so desire. Provo is an expensive island. Do you want Grace Bay Beach? Do you want AI? What is your budget?

Back
Top Bottom