Turks And Caicos - Beaches Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bieszczat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This topic has been discussed via another thread breifly as a side topic, but wanted to open it up to the greater ScubaBoard audience.

As I understand, Beaches in Turks and Caicos has a dive program included with the all inclusive, but it may be too restrictive for the more experienced diver and some opt out for other operations.

I would like to hear from anyone who actually dove with Beaches in Provo and their experiences. Do you get two tank AM dives? They talk about going to many good sites as noted on their website, does this happen? Bottom time issues? Set up to handle photography equipment? Please share any experiences.

Been to Provo several times and dove with Wayne at Ocean Vibes, great native owner/operator/dive guide. He really makes every dive fun. If Beaches is OK, I will just dive with them, but if not I will fork out the cash for Wayne.

Thanks to everyone in advance for sharing.

Tony

Bieszczat:
This topic has been discussed via another thread breifly as a side topic, but wanted to open it up to the greater ScubaBoard audience.

As I understand, Beaches in Turks and Caicos has a dive program included with the all inclusive, but it may be too restrictive for the more experienced diver and some opt out for other operations.

I would like to hear from anyone who actually dove with Beaches in Provo and their experiences. Do you get two tank AM dives? They talk about going to many good sites as noted on their website, does this happen? Bottom time issues? Set up to handle photography equipment? Please share any experiences.

Been to Provo several times and dove with Wayne at Ocean Vibes, great native owner/operator/dive guide. He really makes every dive fun. If Beaches is OK, I will just dive with them, but if not I will fork out the cash for Wayne.

Thanks to everyone in advance for sharing.

Tony

We were at Beaches T & C in January 2002 and used their dive op. At that time they made everyone, and I mean everyone, regardless of experience, do a pool check out dive to demonstrate skills before diving with them. We were able to do this on our arrival day, so we didn't lose a day of diving.

They did 2 tank morning dives daily for certified divers except on Sunday (I believe it was only a one tank dive on Sunday). You had to sign up for the dives one day prior. Even if you wanted to dive with them every day, you had to sign up as soon as you returned from your dives. While this wasn't an issue when we were there, I've since heard stories that the dives can fill up for the next day before those diving that day could sign up.

Bottom times are very limited, 50 ft for 30 minutes, you know the drill. Beaches has to deal with a lot of people, some of whom haven't been diving in quite a while. While they did take us over to West Caicos, we visited the same dive site 3 times during 4 days of diving with them. Also, they provided no place to store our dive gear at the dive shop. We had to haul it back and forth to our room every day.

My advise would be to go with another dive op.

I will ditto what scubagal posted. Beaches is ok for taking the kids to a nice place. But forget diving with them. Book with FiFi at Caicos Adventures for much much better diving and much much better service and not a cattle boat. I dove with Beachs and it was nice to get wet but I only did it one time then went with Caicos Adventures and Provo Turtle Divers.
Have fun regardless of what you choose.

I agree with the above. While I dove with Fifi (Caicos Adventures), I was down the beach from Beaches. I walked down one afternoon to find a crowded beach, and spoke with a couple of divers coming off the dive boat on their dock. They indicated that they had crowded large boats, that went out for shallow dives, in areas that were not the best. They came over and dove their last day with us, and said the operations were as different as night and day. John

Scuba diving is free at Beaches so you can't expect too much. But it is good to know ahead of time.

Back
Top Bottom