Turks and Caicos Aggressor LOB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kyle0692

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I have been reading the trip reports on here and my girlfriend and I reserved a couple of spots on the T&C Aggressor for Aug 8th-15th during their 25% travel the world special. They had some dates later in August and in September, and my thought was to go earlier in August to try and avoid the peak of hurricane season.

I have read some past reports and looks like folks have had great times overall, but some reported not being able to go to French Caye due to hurricane damage in ‘17. Has anyone done this LOB recently (past 6 months) and was able to go to French Caye? If so, how was your experience?

Due to the possibility of a hurricane, cost, and time until the trip I definitely want to look at trip insurance for us. Does anyone have any recommendations here?

So far we have dove in the Dominican Republic and most recently in Cozumel. I am totally in love with wall diving and between that and seeing sharks often I think we will have a great time. Seems like the average depths on most dives reported are between 50 and 60 feet with most going down in to the 80’s on the walls.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts anyone may have!

Kyle

I was on French Caye a couple of weeks ago on the T&C Aggressor. The top is a bit beat up, but plenty of fish life (and sharks and turtles). The walls are fine below 60'. The dives are moderately deep (lots of 80ft+) and somewhat square, so I'd strongly recommend Nitrox (with a nitrox compatible computer). Say hi from David and Cheryl if you remember. We had a great time, I expect you will also.

Thanks for the info! I am excited :D

Was in/at French Cay in first week of July, earlier this year. Was with Dive Provo and not a live aboard. All I can say is wow !! Our particular dive(s) on that day were phenomenal. The 2 dive sites were Rock n Roll, and G-Spot. This day was easily a Top 10 Dive day ever. These 2 sites had it all; shallow, reef wall deep, turtles, sharks, small life, big life, structure, sharks, sharks sharks ! The ride to and fro was literally like a lake that day, the blue waters of Caicos Bank were stunning. And yes, do Nitrox !!!

We saw the nost sharks at French Cay but some off West Caicos also. Not recrntly

FC is a tiny speck of land so if a hurricane developed they could not shelter there bu would likely return to Provo since it's only about 3 hours away.

Some of the wall dives drop 2000' or so so the cral growth is lush from the butrient upwellings.
And the vis is unbelievable - several times I strained to srr something that might have been 300' below. I believe DAN Travel Insurance, protecting Travelers worldwide for 35+ Years
might be one option but IDK if they cover weather problems,

I've decided not to book any more Aggressor trips.
Take a look at the Turks and Caicos Explorer II; been on it three times. Excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom