Turks and Caicos 3 tanks per day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rwhiting

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We're planning a trip to Provo for July, and I could use some help.

It sound like the 2 preffered ops from this forum (Caicos Adventures and Provo Turtle Divers) usually only go out for 2 tanks in the AM, with a once a week 3 tank trip. I'm a diver with a non-diving wife an son (high time to get the boy certified). Without a buddy, shore dives are probably not possible. What's the best way to maximize my chances of getting at least a couple of 3 tank days, and also getting to West Caicos and Frenchmans Key more regularly than Grace Bay?

Any other ops to recommend?

Lastly, we're looking at a small cottage/villa on the southside of the island. Do any ops pick up at private docks, or at the houses on the south side? I'll probably have a rental car, so I could drive to the DO if need be.
Thanks,
Rich

Rwhiting:
We're planning a trip to Provo for July, and I could use some help.

It sound like the 2 preffered ops from this forum (Caicos Adventures and Provo Turtle Divers) usually only go out for 2 tanks in the AM, with a once a week 3 tank trip. I'm a diver with a non-diving wife an son (high time to get the boy certified). Without a buddy, shore dives are probably not possible. What's the best way to maximize my chances of getting at least a couple of 3 tank days, and also getting to West Caicos and Frenchmans Key more regularly than Grace Bay?

Any other ops to recommend?

Lastly, we're looking at a small cottage/villa on the southside of the island. Do any ops pick up at private docks, or at the houses on the south side? I'll probably have a rental car, so I could drive to the DO if need be.
Thanks,
Rich

Caicos Adventures (docked on the South side of the island) does not visit the Grace Bay sites and does 3 tank dives on Thursdays.

Flamingo Divers (also docked on the South side of the island) does not visit the Grace Bay sites. They do 3 tank days but I'm not sure which day of the week.

fins:
Caicos Adventures (docked on the South side of the island) does not visit the Grace Bay sites and does 3 tank dives on Thursdays.

Flamingo Divers (also docked on the South side of the island) does not visit the Grace Bay sites. They do 3 tank days but I'm not sure which day of the week.

I just came by from Provo for my second time. Caicos Adventures pretty much always goes to West Caicos, Frenchman's Cay. I did the 3 tank safari and have to say that it was really exhausting. You already spend at least 80 min on the boat ride (40min each way), followed by long surface intervals. This last trip, many people were going into deco (I noted 6 people myself on one 2 tank day alone) - as the boat supplies everyone with a diving computer if they don't have one, and therefore expects people to be on top of their own profile. Nitrox would be a real benefit if you're certified.

Regarding pick-ups, I'm not aware of anyone doing pick-ups at private docks, but you could ask. Regarding villa rentals - are you looking at them for luxury, or for space with a kitchen? I found that some condos on Grace Bay were cheaper than villa rentals, have kitchens, and can be fair sized. (I was there with a husband & baby).

Thanks for the additional info. I'm hoping to be Nitrox certified before going, and based on your advice and what I've read, I probably won't fuss about trying to get multiple 3 tank days.

About the villa - we're not looking for luxury, but want peace and quiet, great view, and being close to a nice beach more than being near the "action". A kitchen is also desirable. Do you have an opinion about staying on the southside vs. the north? We're currently looking at renting the top floor of a duplex villa called Crystal Sands on Sapodilla Bay. Has anyone seen/heard about this place?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom