Tulum Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cathansen92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi,

Looking for recommendations on what shop to do my open water course with in Tulum, Mexico

I have previously tried scuba diving twice. The second trial dive was amazing and got me hooked and I am now ready to become a certified diver - The first try felt like mass production where as the second try it was just me, another diver, and the instructor. This was so much more my style.

I am therefore looking for something not too big as to not get lost in the crowd during the course. I am also looking for a dive school that is somewhat flexible as I will be working while in Tulum.

I do not speak Spanish so it would need to be all in English - Preferably a native English speaker to properly understand the new words and terminology associated with course.

I am renting an apartment in La Veleta so it would be very convenient if the dive school was close to this neighbourhood.

Hope, you will be able to help with recommendations - I asked for recommendations under introductions & greets but only got 2 replies so hoping for a bit more here

Thank you

Protec has a good OW program:
You might also try Underworld Tulum:

Though both tend to focus more on cenotes, they may have availability and have top-notch instructors who really care with a ton of experience and knowledge. They are most certainly NOT factories.

And both would be easy to access from La Valeta.

Protec has a good OW program:
You might also try Underworld Tulum:

Though both tend to focus more on cenotes, they may have availability and have top-notch instructors who really care with a ton of experience and knowledge. They are most certainly NOT factories.

And both would be easy to access from La Valeta.
Thank you so much for these recommendations. I will check out both

Hiya,

I am off to Mexico tomorrow so just wanted to let you know that after much research etc., I have decided to do my Open Water with Green Divers Tulum - Based on all the reviews, I have read, they seem to be just what I am looking for: Small operation, personal, professional, willing to fit the course around my schedule. And the course will be done in English :)

I emailed Green Divers Tulum to enquire about the course. The owner replied back to me quickly and he has been very helpful and informative. He explained to me all aspects of the course and how they can fit the course around my work schedule.

So based on the communication with Green Divers Tulum and the research I have done, I decided that this was the best match for me.

I am so excited about my trip and about learning to dive.

I will let you know how it goes

Thank you for all the recommendations

Cat

Back
Top Bottom