Tulum Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vtgoodlivin

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all

I am heading down to Tulum for my Honeymoon in mid December. I'm totally stoked. I would like to do 2 days of ocean diving plus one cenote and was wondering if the dive operators in Tulum end up driving me up to Playa or are there some spots close to Tulum.
Any other tips would be great.

Thanks

Well the Cenotes are actually south of Playa Del Carmen so they are very close to you when staying in Tulum. Actually in my opinion the best Cenotes are in just outside of Tulum. Dos Ojos is only about 10-15 min north of Tulum and Angelito is just barely south of Tulum. Hope you have a great time I am sure you will.

If you ever want to come diving in Playa we would love to show you and your wife a great time and the abundance of sea-life that Playa offers. Have fun!

Well the Cenotes are actually south of Playa Del Carmen so they are very close to you when staying in Tulum. Actually in my opinion the best Cenotes are in just outside of Tulum. Dos Ojos is only about 10-15 min north of Tulum and Angelito is just barely south of Tulum. Hope you have a great time I am sure you will.

If you ever want to come diving in Playa we would love to show you and your wife a great time and the abundance of sea-life that Playa offers. Have fun!

Thanks for the tips.
Are there any shops that scubaboard members prefer that operate out of Tulum?

I've been diving in the cenote's with Diablo Divers a number of times, and they are great. Excellent service, skilled/safe divers, great choice of dives, Paco's Tacos- what more can anyone need? The shop is in Puerto Aventuras, but they picked me up in Tulum last trip. Have fun!

I have dived and worked for http:// www.mayadiving.com

They have shops at Dreams, downtown Tulum and el crucero near tghe ruins. They will pick you up at your hotel and have 1st class DMs and instructors. Budgy is one of the best cave guides in the area

Enjoy

I've dove with Budgy down in Tulum...he's one of the best! Although I dove with him when he was first coming here and I worked for someone else. But I know he started his own cave/cenote diving gig and I hope he's doing well. If you see him, tell him Jason from Playa said Hi!

I am heading down Dec 20 for a couple of weeks, so I will let Budgy know you say hi...or why don't you drive down to el crucero for a few dives and a couple of cool ones after? Always interested in meeting people.

Back
Top Bottom