Tulamben - Critter Spotter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TightLines

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Will be taking a few days for macro in Tulamben this October and wanted to ask the collective for a recommendation on a good spotter/guide.

Stayed with Liberty Dive Resort a few years ago and will gladly do so again but wanted to see if there is anyone highly recommended.

Thanks in advance.

I've dove with Wayan at LDR twice and have been happy with him. So many good guides, if I find someone good or great I usually try and reserve with them if I return.
I really like LDR since I have have y own guide and I can make my own schedule.

I've dove with Wayan at LDR twice and have been happy with him. So many good guides, if I find someone good or great I usually try and reserve with them if I return.
I really like LDR since I have have y own guide and I can make my own schedule.

I also book Uji everytime I dive with LDR. Excellent spotter.
However all my friends who dived LDR with Ketut Tisnu or Wayan also recommended them, I guess there is no bad guide at LDR.

Outside LDR I"ve heard/read very good reports on Bagong from Madha Puri, Yansu Suartana from Matahari and Ajiex Dharma from Markisa now free lance and who's much on demand for photographers.

They are all good. Remember, Wayan is the name given to a first born child, male or female, so saying "use Wayan" is like saying "use that bloke who is the oldest in his/her family".

They are all good. Remember, Wayan is the name given to a first born child, male or female, so saying "use Wayan" is like saying "use that bloke who is the oldest in his/her family".
Same goes for Made second born, Nyoman third or Ketut fourth, however it's still a name chosen from Gede or Putu to call your guy/gal guide.....

Dove with Kisnu before but was told he is no longer with LDR.

Also found out that LDR is totally booked for my dates! Ahh, back to the drawing board. Is it common that places offer private guides like LDR? I'm there for photography so having a good private guide makes all the difference.

Back
Top Bottom