Tulamben/Amed dive resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim20

New
Reaction score
Hi,

We are going to Bali on our honeymoon in October 2020. We are going to spend a few days diving in the Tulamben/Amed area and are looking for a dive resort. We only got certified last year and have done a few dives so we're looking for somewhere with great guides where we can get some personalized attention. It would be great if it is also a nice place to stay, but we're staying in some nice hotels in other places so diving is the main priority here. I saw that Liberty dive resort and Villa Markisa got a lot of recommendations here, but is there anywhere else that we should consider?

Thanks for any advice

If you can afford Villa Markisa then go for it. And given that it is your Honeymoon I'd say GO FOR IT!! :wink: It is a stunning little resort. I've stayed at their next door neighbor Scuba Seraya many times and we often went across for a drink at VM and just to check the place out.

If you are looking to save a few $$ then Scuba Seraya's ocean facing villas are great! The outdoors bed is such a great place to relax and read a book and watch the every changing sea.

17350001729_df9ed6a0c7.jpg
Photo 2-11-14 6 18 04 am by Alex Mitchell, on Flickr

Hope you've read my recent Trip Report about Ocean View Tulamben....their villas out front also looked really nice.

This isn't one of the two you asked about for lodging but we stayed at Toyabali Resort which is right next to Liberty. Toyabali is very small (5 bungalows I believe) but incredibly beautiful and very quiet. I looked up Villa Markisa which is also very beautiful, but far more expensive, so if you're looking for something romantic but reasonable (around $80US for a private bungalow) you may want to look into Toyabali. There is a limited menu but the food we had was very good. Liberty is a very short walk (maybe 10 yards on the beach then up the driveway - we left our gear at Liberty so we only had to haul it once). We also ate at the other resorts and in "town" to get some variety. We had Wayan/Jon as a guide at Liberty and he was fantastic. I would imagine that the level of service provided by the guides there would be wonderful for a beginner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom