Tufi Dive Resort PNG - or ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mono

Reaction score
Considering PNG next summer (july) and PNG is way off for a Scandinavian like me, so I need any advice I can get.:confused:

HI Mono
I was up in PNG two months ago, it was my third trip to the capital of the best diving in the world.

What kind of diving are you interested in ?
Wrecks
Coral
Sharks
Pretty stuff ? let me know.

a great website to look into PNG Diversion Oz

Look up
Jais Aben Resort / Aquaventures and Lissenung Island Resort

Despite what people say PNG is really not that remote, it is only 3 hours flight from Brisbane in Australia.
Stay out of Port Moresby the place is a crap hole!!
The two spots I mentioned are IMHO the best coral diving in the South Pacific
There is no coral bleaching and no Crown Of Thorns and very little dynamite fishing has taken place.

We swam walls that drop 5kms vertical with 50m Vis I could go on for pages on the sharks, Mantas, big fish and Coral in PNG, the wrecks are also superb no matter where you dive.

Sydney_Diver once bubbled...
Despite what people say PNG is really not that remote, it is only 3 hours flight from Brisbane in Australia.

Add another 15 hours from Europe!:bored: :tired:

Went to PNG in Nov/Dec 2001 for three weeks and visited Walindi, Rabaul and Laloata Island. It was superb, I could not fault the diving, accommodation or food. I am going again this year and will be staying in Tufi and then back to Laloata. This trip will be organised superbly by Scuba Jim (Scuba Safaris) as was the last one. Absolutely excellent - cant wait to go - but my bank manager is crying!!! ;-0

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom