Tuesday's (4/13) Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Today's dive was on the two WWII vehicle wrecks that are about 100 yards apart from each other in 60 feet of water. Both serve as cleaning stations for the Green Sea Turtle.

GREEN SEA TURTLE getting its shell cleaned.
Manual Mode, F5.0, 1/60, No Strobe, Manual White Balance, Wide Angle Lens
041304b.jpg

GREEN SEA TURTLE probably going up for air and leaving a buddy behind.
Manual Mode, F5.0, 1/60, No Strobe, Manual White Balance, Wide Angle Lens
041304c.jpg

TWOSPOT WRASSE (Pretty sure it is, verification pending)
Manual Mode, F6.3 Macro. 1/125, External Strobe
041304a.jpg

Great shots!
I don't think the 3rd photo is a TwinSpot Wrasse (coris aygula). It looks more like a pink speckled wrasse (xenojulis margaritaceus) to me, but I'm not sure.

LOL i dont know what the 3rd one is but i love it. they all look great, thank you sir for posting them for us to dream about. :)

steve

G,

Whatever the 2spot is.....really like that one. Good shots all around. Thanks for sharing.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:cool1:

Fantastic shots ... as always. I love the turtle shots as I think turtles are really cool! I have only dived in fresh water so far and was wondering about turtles .. do they mind you being around? Do they shy away or get aggresive?

Eric

EricDive, The turtles that are at dive sites are use to divers and don't take off. Some turtles at these two wrecks swim right up to you. They are a protected species so it is illegal to annoy them. If not for that fact you could pet most of them.

You've made a believer out of me for the manual white balance. I used it alot on our trip last week.

Great shots!

I really like the manual white balance when not using the strobe. Some of the shots need nothing more than "Auto Levels" and some sharpening in PS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom